- Difference between CAD and CADE (Electrical CAD):-
Explains the basic advantages of AutoCAD electric over normal CAD.
- Different types of cables and cable layers:-
This session is the first step for an electrical engineer to enter ACADE.
- Insert components from the CAD library:-
You must know the function to set the scale of the component and the angle of rotation.
- Source and target arrows:-
This is one of the most useful features in AutoCAD Electrical that allows you to easily cross reference wires (from and to).
- Creating intelligent title blocks with ladder cross references:-
Many times people do manual editing on each title block individually and with the deep understanding on the "title block" function within ACADE you can make changes on all sheets at once.
- Cross-referencing components and source target arrows:-
In electrical circuits we use parent and child components (e.g. the coil and contacts of a relay) in different parts of a project. To study and read a circuit it is always necessary to track the location of all parts of a component. This automatic cross-referencing is another great advantage of ACADE.
- Project manager functions:-
Managing a project properly is as important as creating a set of drawings. This skill makes you a perfect professional design engineer.
- How to create new symbols and user circuits:-
The more you use ACADE, the more components and circuits you will need that are not in the standard CAD library. By creating new standard user circuits and symbols you will become a master of this art.
- NEMA and IEC electrical circuitry:-
These are the two main standards commonly used to design electrical circuits. In this session we will use both standards to design the same circuit and notice the difference.
Finally we will do a sample project covering the single line diagram, panel layout, cable tray layout, room layout, schematic (wiring) diagram, and bill of material generation.